The parish church of St Michael dates back to mediaeval times. In 1889, having fallen into disrepair, it was largely rebuilt, closely modelled on the plan and elevation of its predecessor. The Tregonwell family built the south chapel in 1755.
In 1966 the church was declared redundant due to falling attendance and is now owned and maintained by the owners of the Manor House.
Funds raised by opening the gardens are being used to restore and maintain this lovely Dorset church. So far we have raised over £2000, which has been used to help defray the cost of repairing the porch and its roof.